Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 2012 BMW 320i steering rack replacement
2012 BMW 320i steering rack replacement

2231 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2017-08-13 18:43:15

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-08-02 17:58:01

installing used electo-mechanical rack

can I recode/program used rack  to car without active subscription?!

do I need bmw Ethernet cable

do I just save car profile/coding ,install rack and recode car with original car profile/coding

I have 908Pro with j2534

Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-02 22:48:01 (Reply to:Jim)

Not thinking you need to access coding files from Autel's server and have  a current update subscription , however If you could get the coding of the original to display in entirety , you would be wise to pull it up on screen and take a few good photos of it with your smart phone for future reference just in case it fails to save on Maxi Sys or you need someone with the OE tool to complete the swap and not have to go online and pay for a sub just to get the original coding information .

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-08-03 03:20:41 (Reply to:witsend)

The scanner asks for dmw Ethernet cable ,its coming

Never done this before on euro

the maxipro is suppose to do this-NO?

enter programming, read  car, save car, replace rack and

reflash steering module only ,done -Yes?

where would I find the original rack coding to display

in its entirety  , in programming?

rack module still works, motor rotted off  rack housing

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-04 16:24:56 (Reply to:Jim)

Not sure if it is possible , but If the replacement electronic steering assembly has the same steering ratio,etc  Can the old module be transferred to the replacement and the steering angle sensor just be relearned/ re-calibrated?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-04 21:08:02 (Reply to:Jim)

Coding is something new to me. I was watching a you tube video of SCN coding on a Mercedes Benz with a Maxi Sys Pro and it appears the user had to gain Access to Autel server to get the necessary Serial Coding Network Coding for the Mercedes Benz, which seems to mean you would have  a current update subscription to access the Autel server to download Mercedes Benz , BMW, and VW coding from Autel's server, just like with the programming files,  so unless A Hail Mary works and you can retrieve and save the existing coding from the old module and transfer it to the other module, I think you be SOL.
       Anyone Correct me if I am wrong that you need a current update subscription and internet connection to access Autel's server to perform the so called advanced coding functions that you need and Autel claims Maxi Sys has when changing out some crap on Euro Turd   , then please correct me .

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-08-11 15:45:14 (Reply to:witsend)

Well I remember reading or possible in video for bmw cip that the

maxisys saves the overall original coding/profile of car as backup

in case something goes wrong

if I recall 2 vehicles max then starts to delete

This 908P cannot be      that redundant  can it

Its amazing support does not ring in on simple answers

There not that much traffic on the forum

There's 1 post on  a bmw forum using  Esys for rack coding

looks like  simple coding

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-11 17:30:25 (Reply to:Jim)

Seems Autel wants this user forum to just disappear and not make it easy for people to get on the forum any longer . Can no longer just Google and pull up this forum and read about all the issues people are experience , You need to sign in and refresh the link a few times before the web page will open for the forum , the lack of support to answer even the most simple user questions and avoiding  provision of  a rock solid way to be able to backup and restore software,  particularly resolving authorization error in order  to access and use your old software again after update periods  have expired, which is total BS.

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim
    2017-08-13 12:56:12 (Reply to:witsend)

I have noticed difficultly getting to this fourm

three log in attempts,browser restart and one refresh just

to get to fourm to reply to your post

Thought it was my computer but your having same problem

Maybe its because we don't have active sub so they give us a hard time

From what I have read on internet ford vs autel  is over

Case dismissed with stipulative order what ever that is as of mar 2017 .

The GM  suit is still alive

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-13 18:43:15 (Reply to:Jim)

Seems going to pro.auteltech.com ,then  signing in then  going to the forum and then maybe refreshing the link once or twice works for me. It no longer works from just clicking on my bookmarked Autel forum link unless I recently signed in .
  Total1 Pages